Vegetable Brown Rice Noodle Salad
Nothing is quite as comforting as a bowl of noodles, especially when it doesn't require you to boil a pot of water. These no-cook brown rice noodles (also known as Maifun) are drizzled with a sweet and spicy sauce and get topped by fresh vegetables for an extra crunch.
- 8 ounces brown rice vermicelli noodles (Maifun)
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small cucumber, cut into short strips
- ¼ cup baby bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 4 seaweed snack strips
- 4 sprigs cilantro leaves (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Fill a large bowl with hot water. Submerge noodles and ‘cook’ until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain water.
Whisk together garlic chili sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce until sugar dissolves. Toss noodles in sauce and portion into two bowls.
Whisk together rice vinegar and sesame oil. Using a vegetable peeler, shave carrot into long strips. Toss with rice vinegar mixture.