Paleo Sushi Salmon Roll with Cauliflower Rice
The Paleo Diet isn't rice friendly, so we've turned to the Internet's favorite solution: ! Mixed with a little bit of coconut milk, cooked cauliflower rice has a similar sticky rice consistency, perfectly able to roll up with sashimi grade salmon. Feel free to switch to a preferred protein, if desired! You can't go wrong with flavor combos in these Paleo sushi rolls
Paleo Sushi with Cauliflower ‘Rice’ and Salmon
4 ounces cauliflower florets1 teaspoon unsalted butter1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk2 sheets nori1 purple carrot, very thinly sliced (preferably on a mandoline)6 ounces sashimi-grade salmon¼ teaspoon aleppo pepper2 teaspoons coconut aminos, for serving
1. Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse to get fine ‘crumbs’. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook cauliflower, about 8 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk. Let cool.
2. Lay nori on a bamboo mat or waxed paper. Lay a dampened paper towel over nori and let soften for 2 minutes. Discard towel.
3. Gently press half of cauliflower mixture onto the lower ⅔ of the nori, leaving about 1½ inches empty on top.
4. Lay half of the carrot slices lengthwise in the middle on top of the cauliflower. Cut salmon into ½” slices and lay a 2 ounce portion on top of carrot. Sprinkle with half of the aleppo pepper.
5. Starting from the bottom, gently roll the nori up, folding over salmon and carrot. Wet the top section of nori with water and continue rolling to secure. Using a sharp, clean knife, cut into 6 even rounds.
6. Repeat with remaining nori and ingredients. Serve with coconut aminos.
SERVES 2 (serving size: 1 roll)CALORIES 200; FAT 10.2g (sat 4.2g, mono 3.4g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 20g; CARB 7g; FIBER 2g; SUGARS 3g (est. added sugars 0g); CHOL 48mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 194mg; CALC 37mg
More Sushi Ideas: