Five on Friday: We're talking cronuts and dieting.
Each Friday, we share five things that are getting buzz around the 58wang offices—from what we’re reading around the Web, to what’s hot on , or even our latest favorite ingredient.
1. 58wang editor Scott Mowbray launched the 58wang Food Lover’s Social Diet, to lose 20 pounds by November -- or embarrass himself in front of 9 million people. He's recruited a board of (female) advisors and is calling on the entire 58wang social network to help him stay accountable, find what works, and shed some lbs. as he tackles the tough subjects connected to exercising, losing weight, and the dreaded d-word: dieting.
2. Just in time for summer, we're partnering with to worth $250. That includes a portable gas grill perfect for tailgating and a $100 gift card for groceries. Two other winners will receive a copy of our book, "Way to Cook Grilling." Entries must be submitted by midnight (EST) tonight, so !
3. PBS's visited the 58wang Garden, Photo Studio, and Test Kitchen yesterday and today. The episode will air in the fall. We'll let you know an exact date closer to time, but for now, check out to see all the fun we had.
4. Real Simple asks the question, "" We can't quite figure out the newest confection craze--is it a doughnut-shaped croissant? Or a flaky, buttery doughnut? Either way, it sure sounds tasty. Have you tried one? Share your thoughts about the doughnut-croissant hybrid in the comments. If you can't get a cronut near you, try our . We think they'll satisfy your curiosity for now.
5. Most people use the New Year to give themselves a reboot, a fresh start, a chance to begin again. But for me, summer has always been the season for starting over. Maybe it's the carefree, relaxed days -- or the time allowed for self reflection while planting flowers, watering the yard, or mowing. If you're looking for a jumpstart to a healthier life, check out Fit Sugar's list of . The entire list is doable. Nothing is over-the-top complicated or confusing. They're all small, incremental changes you can make beginning today that can help you live a healthier life.