Papaya Breakfast Boats with Yogurt and Granola
It's no secret that we're obsessed with smoothie bowls. We've tried—and loved!—, , and . But as much as we love healthy smoothies, we're digging the idea of serving a much simpler treat with a delicious edible bowl. I'd rather eat it for breakfast, but let's be real, fruit bowls are perfect for lunch, dinner, and dessert, too.
The best part of this breakfast beauty: The possibilities are endless. Choosing a bowl is half the fun—buy your favorite fruit (watermelon, pineapple, and cantaloupe work magically, too), scoop out the seeds, and fill it with your favorite morning staples. You can use different fruits and a variety of granola mixes to top the yogurt. Don't be scared to experiment.
You're only five simple steps away from placing a breakfast boat on the table.
Slice. Pit. Stuff. Top. Serve.
Ingredients:1 papaya1 cup Greek yogurt9 blackberries5 blueberries3 raspberries1 tablespoon chia seeds1/3 cup toasted coconut1/2 cup granolaPreparation:
1. Slice: Slice your papaya in half, lengthwise.
2. Pit: Scoop out the center including all the seeds—unless you like them (and in that case, that's weird).
3. Stuff: Fill the hollowed center of your papaya with Greek yogurt.
4. Top: Layer the berries, chia seeds, toasted coconut, and granola over the yogurt base.
5. Serve: Eat up! If your fruit is completely ripe, feel free to dig in and eat every last spoonful. (Don't eat the peel, though—that's extremely weird.)
More Fun Breakfast Ideas: