Five on Friday: Gearing Up for Summer with our Bloggers' Connection
This month’s theme is warm weather eats, and these produce-centric recipes show off the best of the season.
1. : Fresh fruit, jalapeño, cilantro, and jicama are tossed in a light lime dressing to create the 's salad. Serve it as a side, use it as a salsa, or pair with seared scallops for a fresh summer meal.
2. : Grilled zucchini slices are filled with creamy goat cheese in 's cute party appetizer. Not a fan of zucchini? Try 'em out with eggplant.
3. : Hearty portabella mushrooms stand in for pizza crust in these veggie-packed bites from . The melty mozzarella cheese has us coming back for seconds.
4. : Calling all vegetarians! Sweet grilled onions mingle with fresh zucchini and artichoke hearts in ' freeform galette.
5. : Juicy summertime peaches star in this caprese salad, which is lightly dressed in a honey vinaigrette. says she licked the plate clean—and we're pretty sure we'll be doing that, too.